Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Spiritual Growth-When God Speaks

I have never heard a voice speak to me out loud that I thought was God, so let me get that straight now before we go any further with this post on Spiritual Growth- When God Speaks.  Do I believe that He speaks to us?  Yes, I believe, He does.  I am sure you are thinking that I have contradicted myself right off the bat.  I really haven't, because I know God speaks in the most profound ways and most of the time, from a lack of knowledge, we ignore Him.  I am not saying that He has never spoken to others audibly. He did so in Bible times and if He chose to; He would again, if He has not.  What am I really saying about God Speaking?  I believe He speaks to each of us in our daily life, in many different forms and ways and most of the time, we do not recognize Him.

Let us search a little for some answers to all of this about When God Speaks. In my search for Spiritual Growth-When God Speaks, I have often prayed for Him to speak to me; did He?  Not in the way I had wanted, but I saw His works manifected one way or the other. There are so many times I have felt His great blessings and His protection that my memory will not let me remember them.  Since my childhood I have been blessed to believe in Him and in His presence. I first repented of my sins at the early age of 9 years.  Have I remained true to Him all of this time.  No, I have strayed and followed my own heart's desires, not His desires for me.  I have faultered many times and shamefully so.  There is one thing actually that I never forgot or could get away from and that was His constant calling to be what I was intended to be.

There is nothing more fulfilling than being in the presence of God and knowing He is going to work something out for you with His mighty helping hand and When He Speaks....that is all that you need.  If you do not understand this, let me try to explain. First let say this;  if the majority of America, would humble themselves and cry out to God, our Nation would change for the better.  That is not a prophecy or prediction, it is fact.

These are my preceptions and where I have been when in the presence of God and know When God Speaks to me.  In the presence of God is a place where you become tuned into or saturated in His spirit through prayer. If you have never in your life had what seemed to be a life threatening situation, where it seemed to you that your life, you mind and your soul were at stake of being swept away from you; then you may not understand. You may not have been or ever seen a person who needed to find a place to rest their burden or they felt as though they would die. This kind of pain will bring you to your knees without anyone having to tell you, let's pray.  I hope you have never had this kind of hurt, but most of us have at one time or the other, in one way or another.  When one comes to this point, if they know God at all or even if they do not know anything at all about Spiritual Growth or When God Speaks, it is natural human instinct to call on the highest power you have ever heard of.  I have seen this happen many times and the first response when someone feels their heart breaking beyond that bearable state; will in a flash, call on God.  When this happens, the sincerity is there, they at that moment recognize His Almighty power and in His Infinite mercy. God Speaks and life is bearable again.  Oh, it makes me feel so good to know when life get to this place, I know I can go to Him.

If you pray at all, then I am sure you at some time have asked for His guidance.  Be it something personal, professional or spiritual, we all have times when we do not know what direction to take.  I have seen doors close time and again; and yes at the time I might have thought He had forgotten all about me and did not hear my prayer.  Then I have seen the phone ring and there is another opportunity calling, and then I know He has spoken.   In Spiritual Growth-When God Speaks, it is not always loud and clear but When He Speaks...things happen and it is for our good.  Do I think that we are dealt a bad hand sometimes?  Yes, but not by God.  He does not dish out the bad, we may not understand why bad things happen to good people, but the reasons is not for us to ponder.  When we suffer, it can sometimes mean that we are reaping what we have sowen.  I am not talking about God purnishing us but when we have played a game not of God, we must suffer the consquences of our behavior.

If you have ever been lonely and felt so detached from everyone and everything you will understand this about When God Speaks.  I have had times in my life that I was alone, I was lonely and could not or did not want to pray.  Maybe I could not see it would help my situation.  I have seen God Speak through a little animal, with little beany eyes staring at me as if to say; it's going to be okay, tomorrow is another day and I love you.  I have seen friends change an outcome for me that seemed unatainable or even remotely possible....When God Speaks...nothing can go wrong.  I have seen God Speak in my life in many ways without me realizing it at the time.  He is a guide, He speaks in silence sometimes but if we search for Him, there is no doubt in my mind in any situation; He will speak.  No, it is not what we always want to hear, we are humans and want our way, but remember when seeking Him for the best for your life;  His plans may be different than yours. 

I hope that you get something good out of this post.  I hope you understand better the ways in your Spiritual Growth- When God Speaks.  This is not a fairy tale, this is real.  He speaks through people. He speaks through loving animals sometimes, and when He speaks there is nothing else to be said.  He is always available to listen, what we should not do is argue with His answers or His knowing.  He knows what is best for us. He knows when we are sincere and He knows the heart.  He and only He can satisfy your soul.  In your endeavor for Spiritual Growth- just listen...know....and you can see When God Speaks to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment